Read First!

This forum is about the new untitled Dark Sun Online.
PauloftheWest
Site Admin

Read First!

Post by PauloftheWest » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:46 pm

This is a restart of the old Dark Sun Online (DSO) project. Right now it is in very early stages of planning and work. If you would like to help (and help would be very appreciated right now) please post here. Just say hi and what you would be interested in.

Right now the plan is to get the original DSO: Crimson Sand server compiling and running. Then modify some of the old clients to connect to the correct server (since TEN is no longer in service.)

Also, once you register you will notice a lot of other forums with some old dates in it. These are from the old DSO attempt, so feel free to look around.

~Paul "of the" West

black

Re: Read First!

Post by black » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:33 pm

Hi,

I have no idea how I ended up here but I did, I think I was googling some stuff about DS on GOG. I was surprised to see that you guys are back with the project after so long. This is awesome.

I used to hang around in the forums doing some lua scripting as far as I remember. During this long period (more than 10 years) I did my own hobby games, worked for a while on a small local game studio but then life happened and I took another route to regular/business dev career. Currently I work with iOS/Android. I am not sure if I can be of any help but if help is needed I'll be around checking the forums.

PauloftheWest
Site Admin

Re: Read First!

Post by PauloftheWest » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:07 pm

Welcome! It is always good to see old team members coming back.

This site was put back together a couple of months ago, so it is good to see the Google is starting to pick up.

I'll talk to Bis, who is heading up the LUA side of things (I'm on the C library side.) I know there is plenty of work!